I'm starting to feel like I'm in a good place with my training, and my knee seems to be holding up. I am taking an easy day today, as I had a pretty intense week last week and I am doing another open-water swim tomorrow. I will probably go out for a walk after I finish this post. I might see if my husband wants to do a bike ride later in the day.
I see the endocrinologist for my yearly thyroid appointment at 11:30, plus this year we are doing an ultrasound to see if the nodules have progressed at all. Hopefully they are staying tiny. I won't have to do a biopsy unless they have significantly changed.
- Monday: Open-water swim, about 1 mile. I counted it as 30 minutes but I didn't time it. Also rode my cruiser bike to and from the swim, for another 40 minutes or so.
- Tuesday: Run-walk workout, 20 minutes of running and 15 minutes of walking.
- Wednesday: Outdoor bike ride on the road bike, 50 minutes.
- Thursday: Run-walk workout in the morning, 20 minutes of running plus 10 minutes of walking. Another open-water swim/bike combo in the evening.
- Friday: 90-minute ride on the road bikes.
- Saturday: Pilates Circuit class.
- Sunday: Run-walk workout, 25 minutes of running and 10 minutes of walking.
You may notice a lack of a strength-training routine -- still have not gotten into the habit. I hate getting sweaty after I have taken my shower for the day. That's a lame excuse, I know. I do think the swimming, especially the open-water swimming, builds some strength. The Pilates Circuit workouts are all strength, but I should be doing something 3-4 days a week. I just haven't found something that works for me yet.