I think this is what a plateau looks like. It's not just a physical plateau, it's also a motivation plateau. I'm having trouble pushing to that finish line. I am a little bored and frustrated with the dieting thing.
Yet Another Blog Game
Lori tagged me a week or so ago, and I need a blog entry, so I'll play along. I'm not going to tag anyone else, so if you want to play, feel free to consider yourself tagged.
WHAT WERE YOU DOING TEN YEARS AGO?
I was 26, and my husband and I had just bought our house and were spending a lot of money and time getting it in shape. The house had vinyl flooring halfway up the walls in the bathrooms, which concealed some horrible plastic tile, stuck on with completely unremovable glue. We opted for beaded-board wainscoting to cover the mess. It looked great when it was finished, but it was a lot of work.
WHAT WERE YOU DOING A YEAR AGO?
I left my job to spend the summer working on my dissertation proposal and had just gotten my last paycheck and my vacation buyout. I was pretty worried that I wouldn't be able to make it on my puny graduate assistantship, but so far, so good.
FIVE SNACKS YOU ENJOY
- Blue corn tortilla chips with hummus
- Crackers and cheese
- Apple slices with almond butter
- Chocolate chip cookies
FIVE SONGS TO WHICH YOU KNOW ALL THE LYRICS
I know lots of song lyrics. But these are a few:
- "Love is a Battlefield" by Pat Benatar
- "Super Trooper" by ABBA
- "Birdhouse in Your Soul" by They Might Be Giants
- "Sunday Morning Coming Down" by Johnny Cash
- "Me and Bobby McGee" by Janis Joplin
FIVE THINGS YOU WOULD DO IF YOU WERE A MILLIONAIRE
- Buy a house on Kelley's Island and live there year-round
- Travel a lot, starting with a trip to Ireland
- Take private language lessons so I could speak French and Italian fluently
- Get a massage and pedicure every month and a manicure once a week
- Donate more to charities I already support like the Sierra Club, my local homeless shelter, Amnesty International, and the Nataional Parks Foundation
FIVE BAD HABITS
- Throwing my clothes on the floor or the foot of the bed instead of putting them away
- Snacking too much
- Wasting time on the Internets
- Obsessively checking higheredjobs.com and the Chronicle of Higher Education job postings
FIVE THINGS YOU LIKE DOING
- Playing with my kitties
- Being outdoors
- Spending time with my husband
FIVE THINGS YOU’LL NEVER WEAR AGAIN
- A Members Only jacket
- A perm
- A gold Century 21 real estate jacket
- A micro-miniskirt
- A mauve satin bridesmaid's dress with dyed-to-match pumps
FIVE FAVORITE TOYS
- Big Wheels (why don't they make these for adults?)
- A Magic 8 Ball
- My computer
INSTRUCTIONS: Remove the blog in the top spot from the following list and bump everyone up one place. Then add your blog to the bottom slot, like so: