Brooke posted a link in the Fitbloggin' community on Facebook to a blog post in which she gave herself some tough love. It reminded me that there is time to be a lot fitter by Fitbloggin'. I have a little less than 20 weeks until I get on that plane to Denver, which is plenty of time to make a difference. And yes, I'm mostly talking about behavior changes, but part of it is about weight loss.
I don't usually like to set big weight loss goals, but here goes: I will be at least 10 pounds lighter when I take the stage for my Ignite presentation. That's averaging a little more than half a pound a week.
My steps to this goal:
- Tracking: I have been paying for a Weight Watchers membership and attending meetings. Might be a good idea to track my food every day and not just sometimes.
- Good Health Guidelines: Remember those? When I follow them, I lose weight.
- Planning: Meals for next week are already planned and the grocery list is written. Tomorrow I will go to the store to get the ingredients for everything. This is something I tend to do well for a week or two and then slip. The next step should help with that.
- Pre-cooking: We have a great rice cooker, so we're finding it easy to make big batches of our oatmeal or brown rice to use all week. I also want to work on pre-cooking meat and beans.
- Support: My husband also wants to lose weight, about the same 30 pounds I eventually want to lose. Both of us know that being lighter will help us with our race goals. So we need to support each other instead of leading each other astray. We also need to work together to plan and cook.
- Training: I'm training for a big race, so I just need to stick to my training plan and I'll be getting plenty of activity.
- Sleeping: Less iPhones in bed and more sleep.
I'm weighing and measuring myself at home tomorrow morning. I'm going to take Brooke's lead and post weekly progress reports and goals for the week.