Our Fitbloggin' session is more a facilitated discussion than a presentation with questions and answers. I love this, because I like to teach my classes that way, too. But at the same time, I'm thinking I will want to provide anyone interested with a little backstory on me and why I wanted to talk about this topic, and also give links to resources and other things I have found helpful.
We won't have a screen or A/V equipment, but I thought I could write a blog post and tweet the link close to the conference. Anyone who is reading my blog could then join in the conversation, whether they are attending the conference or not. I will probably post it early in the week before the conference.
A big part of what I want to talk about and what I am still working on myself is how to make positive changes and work toward goals without making my self-worth dependent on the results. I think I still feel the need to apologize if I have a high weigh-in or let things slide a little when I'm on a trip. That's not the kind of life I want.
It's funny, I am working on a virtual collage of my pictures at different times in my life to give a sense of my history with body issues. Before, I would look at the higher-weight photos and think, "yuck." I have no pictures of myself at my highest weight because I systematically destroyed them all. But now I look at the pictures I have and think, "That's me," and "oh, that's me too." I think it's sad that I spent so much time being so hard on myself. And still do, sometimes.
- At least 30 minutes of exercise per day: 45-minute Pilates Circuit class, some stuff around the house
- Do my physical therapy exercises: Did not do them today, though the Pilates class works some of the muscles they address.
- Log all food in Lose It! and stay in the "green zone": Logged all my food but was a little over.
- Take my supplements: Missed them and it's too late now, I don't want to risk an interaction with my nighttime meds.
- At least 3 servings of veggies and 2 fruits: Orange, avocado, romaine, baby spinach, grated carrots, pear
- Get at least 35 grams of fiber: 38
- At least 90 ounces of fluids: 98