I have posted quite a few times here about my makeup and skincare purchases and it seems that at least some people are interested. Until my recent makeover, I had tried to keep everything very natural, but I have been playing with color a little more and am enjoying it. I have been wearing eyeliner pencil, which makes a huge difference.
Some of my recent purchases:
- NARS blush in Desire (too bright, I think I am going to return it for Orgasm, which is a much better shade on me (and of course I still want to giggle when I say the name)).
- Urban Decay's NAKED Basics palette, really love this one.
- Pur Minerals Beautiful Creatures palette, nice colors but too much fallout. It did come with a nice lipgloss and an eye pencil.
- DDF Ultra-Lite Oil-Free Moisturizing Dew -- LOVE it, but it's so expensive. I need to get the SPF 15 version next time.
Thanks to a new blog find, Nouveau Cheap, I have been experimenting with some drugstore makeup too. If I buy something and don't love it, at least I've usually spent less than $10 (and many drugstores take open-package returns).
- Revlon Lip Butter in Candy Apple -- gorgeous color but very bright. I am still getting used to myself with bright lipstick. I expected this to be more like a balm, but it's pretty opaque. Rite Aid has a buy-one-get-one 1/2 off sale going now, so I also got a Just Bitten Balm Stain that I haven't tried yet.
- Sinful Colors nail polish in Show Stopper -- a pink glitter that is really fun, and cost less than $2.
- Wet and Wild Fast Dry in Emerald -- I don't recommend it, it looks great in the bottle, but in reality, you need about 5 coats to get any coverage. I only spent $2 on this so I'll probably use it over a solid polish next time.
I have enough different products now that I don't think I need to buy anything new for a while. In the summertime, I don't tend to like to wear much makeup anyway. But if you have any great finds, please clue me in -- I can always make an exception.