I haven't given up on my weight-loss goals, even though I missed my short-term goal for the end of 2012. I am going to focus more on the smaller steps to get me to the final goal.
I'm going to start out by participating in January's NaBloPoMo to keep me checked in and focused on fitness and health. I'm also participating in a Lose It! challenge to get at least 30 minutes of exercise each day in January and log in Lose It! every day this month. That should get me off on the right foot.
I have a goal of doing a longer triathlon this year, and that is going to require a lot more training. I'm going to take time each Sunday to plan my workouts and dinners for the coming week to make sure I'm getting both adequate training and proper nutrition.
I'm gong to revise my daily checklist a bit, but keep the general idea. I now have the premium version of Lose It! (review coming soon, after I've had more time to use it) and it allows me to track some additional things, and I also decided that the meditation goal was not as essential as the others, so I'm shifting things a bit. I will be reporting on my daily checklist each day in January at the end of my post.
- Get 20 minutes or more of exercise or intentional activity
- Eat at least 4 servings of vegetables and 3 fruit servings
- Log all food within 10 minutes of eating it
- Stay within my calorie goals
- Take my supplements (multivitamin, fish oil, flaxseed oil)
- Drink at least 6 16-ounce glasses of water
- Meditate for 5 minutes
- Average 300 minutes a week of exercise, shooting for at least 30 minutes a day
- Log all food in Lose It! and stay in the "green zone"
- Take my supplements
- Drink at least 90 ounces of liquids each day
- Get at least 35 grams of fiber per day
I changed the vegetable and fruit goal to fiber because it's easier to track, but I still plan to emphasize vegetables and fruit. I want every goal to be easily tracked using only the app, and there are no vegetable and fruit serving goals. However, getting my fiber goal is going to require a lot of fruit and vegetable servings.
So, how did I do today?
- Average 300 minutes a week of exercise, shooting for at least 30 minutes a day -- 35 minutes today
- Log all food in Lose It! and stay in the "green zone" -- yes
- Take my supplements -- forgot today and it's too late to take them now in case they interfere with my nighttime meds
- Drink at least 90 ounces of liquids each day -- more than 120 oz.
- Get at least 35 grams of fiber per day -- got 31, pretty close