- Indoor workouts: It was 4 degrees (F) when I got up today to scrape several layers of ice from my car. At least I didn't feel guilty about not getting out for a run today!
- More Spin classes: I hit 3 Spin classes this week. When I was running consistently, the number was usually 0-1 per week. I find that I actually get a more intense workout on the bike than I can with running. Having an instructor to push me makes a lot of the difference.
- I'm finally making time for strength training: Right now I am enjoying a version of the Miracle Workout.
- More socializing: Now that I'm a regular at the gym, people are starting to smile at me and say hi when I come in. I feel like part of a community.
- It inspired me to get help: I have been dealing with various minor but annoying health problems, like allergy eye issues. This winter I finally got motivated to deal with them more directly instead of just trying to manage them on my own.
- I'm finally getting serious about my food intake: Running allowed me to think I could just burn off extra calories (even though it wasn't really true). I am getting serious now because I don't have that illusion.
I am waiting for a call from the podiatrist indicating that I have approval from my insurance to get fitted for orthotics. Once that happens, I will probably get back to running 1-2 days a week, but I definitely want to keep my new healthy habits too.