- I ate a lot of salt last night.
- I'm premenstrual/mentsrual/postmenstrual/menopausal (choose one).
- My hair has grown really fast lately.
- I weighed later/earlier in the day/week than usual.
- The scale is unreliable.
- I exercised yesterday, so I'm probably gaining muscle. (I also like "retaining fluid in sore muscles")
- I think I'm catching a cold.
- I'm constipated.
- I think this is just my body adjusting before its next big loss.
- I think our bodies just change as we get older and there's not much we can do.
Thursday, September 08, 2011
Top ten excuses for weight gain (in no particular order)
When I was working on my post about my current weight ups and downs, I started to write about why I thought they had been happening. Just like my previous excuses post, this post provides no pesky advice or solutions, just great excuses that you can adapt to your own situation.
"Count your calories, work out when you can, and try to be good to yourself. All the rest is bulls**t." -- Jillian Michaels at BlogHer '07