Jillian, buddy, please listen to me for a second. I know you are a problem-solver and that you want to save all of those fat, unhappy, unhealthy people who keep saying they want to make changes but can't because healthy food is too expensive, or whatever else they are complaining about. You have to realize that these people don't want answers, they want excuses so that they can keep living the way they are now. You know as well as I do that it's not as simple as putting down the pizza and picking up a dumbbell. The kinds of changes you make on "The Biggest Loser" are as simple, and as difficult, as rearranging a person's whole life so that healthy habits fit better in it than unhealthy ones. There is nothing easy about changing your whole life.
So instead of giving solutions, I'm going to give the people what they want. Excuses, and lots of 'em! I will give really good excuses and lame ones, but there will be no pesky problem-solving here:
- I don't have enough time to (do whatever it is that I know I should do but don't want to do).
- Healthy food and gyms are too expensive.
- I have a bad knee (elbow, hip, shoulder, toe).
- I have a thyroid problem (hey, I actually do! but getting on meds has done nothing to help).
- I have very young children who take a lot of my time and attention (this is a very good excuse!)
- I don't want to look like those (bony, muscular, skinny) women I see on TV.
- I don't like healthy food.
- I'd rather be fat and happy than thin and miserable (yes, those are the only two choices).
- I'm too tired.
- Jack LaLanne was healthy and look, he died anyway.
In other Jillian-related news, her book, Unlimited, launched today. I pre-ordered it but also ordered The Wilder Life and did the cheapskate free super-saver shipping, so I will probably have to wait until that book launces, I also see that it is available as an Audible download, and can't wait until my new credits come online on the 11th.