I was thinking about the idea of a virtual weight-loss "meeting" today and wanted to see if anyone was interested. It would work similarly to those blog memes where you answer a bunch of questions. There would be no tagging, though. People would choose to participate or not participate. To participate, answer the questions here on your own blog, then post a link to the "leader's" blog. To make things simple, I w
as thinking that the meeting should take place on the same day every week, and since every diet starts on Monday, why not today? If you choose to respond, post a link to your blog entry in the comments. Try to post an encouraging comment to at least one other blogger in the comments list. Also, let me know if you would like to be our virtual leader and choose the questions and post the first entry next week. I will select someone randomly from the people who want to lead. This is just an experiment, but I'm curious to see what happens.
- What is going well for you right now? I have been pretty consistent with my exercise and incorporating strength training.
- Where do you need to improve? I have been finding myself more and more attracted to snack foods and less interested in cooking.
- What new recipe do you want to try this week? This Mixed-Grain Cereal with Chai Spice.
- What was your favorite new food find or recipe from last week? Eggplant Caviar.
- What is your general weight trend right now? Unfortunately, there is a slight upward trend that has lasted for the last few weeks.
- How do you feel about your weight loss efforts? Frustrated, stuck, and worried.
- What is your weight loss goal for next week? Just to lose one solid pound instead of creeping up again.
- What two weight-loss behavior goals do you plan to give 100% to this week? Exercising every day and logging everything I eat right away.
- What do you fear most about trying to get group support? Unsolicited advice or comparisons, fake-cheerful comments.
- What can other people give you that would be truly helpful? A sense that I'm not going it alone.