At least 30 minutes of activity, every day. I believe that daily activity is the thing that keeps me most grounded -- when I let that slide, everything else goes by the wayside. When I am staying active, I also naturally do other things that keep me feeling good.
I think that as a species we evolved to be active and that a lot of our modern health problems are a result of too much butt time. I don't think that the 30 minutes has to be heart-pumping, "in-the-zone" training every day, though.
SO, if you want to participate, here are the details:
- Get 30 minutes of sustained activity, either all in one session or in 2 sessions of 15 minutes each, every day of the challenge. If you do more, great, but this challenge does not allow you to "bank" or "make up" exercise. This challenge is about daily activity. Just consider anything extra as a bonus for your body.
- Come here and post to tell us what you did so we can cheer you on.
- You will get one entry into a drawing for a $15 iTunes gift certificate for every day that you check in.
- On Day 31, I will randomly choose from all the entries and announce a winner.
- If I walked for 30 minutes every day of the challenge, I would burn 2,850 calories.
- If I did a 30-minute yoga video every day, I would be very relaxed and would burn 1,860 calories.
- If I biked at 10 m.p.h. (slow pace), I would burn 6,210 calories.
- If I spent the time cleaning my house, I would have a much cleaner house and I'd burn 2,490 calories.
- If I spent the time gardening, I'd have a beautiful garden and I'd burn 3,720 calories.
- If I spent the time playing golf and pulling my clubs behind me, I'd burn 4,080 calories and swear a whole lot.
- If I spent the time swimming slow laps, I would burn 8,670 calories!
Today I did my planned yoga class and also got some bonus activity. It was a nice day so I went for a short walk and also did some of that strength training I've been putting off. Tomorrow's plan: I just downloaded the Bridge to 10K app, since I have completed Couch to 5K. I plan to start with the first day's workout tomorrow.
What did you do today? What are you going to do tomorrow?