- cut her off and tell her why it's a bad idea -- no one will love you for this, even if you're right. Actually, especially if you're right.
- tell her why it's not going to last.
- immediately counter with something more impressive of your own without taking a moment to say "congratulations."
- make a joke that is really a dig or an insult.
- quiz incessantly for details, especially monetary ones or ones she cannot possibly know.
- focus on why this good news for her will be good news for you.
- focus on why this good news for her will be bad news for you.
- refuse to care because it's not really going to affect you in any way.
I know that I should just be happy for myself, but nothing takes the wind out of my sails like being excited about something and having the person I tell not seem to care. Sometimes it makes me wonder if it's even worth sharing good news. Maybe it would be better to just work the new job, move, etc., without letting people know. They'll figure it out eventually. Is it just me, or does this happen to you too?